The readers. (=

For free advertisement,
Click on the "Add me!".
or,
Call :: 1800 - Alon - Superman.


Friday, June 15, 2007

learning hokkien through this.

HAHAHHAA.. that stupid billy sent me this while i was reading my profession. Here I am to share with you some of the NEEDS to learn before fully learning the art of speaking "true" hokkien.

CHUI KANA KAH, KAH KANA LUM PAR (Contributed by Bernard Lee)
Literally, HoKkien for "mouth like legs, legs like testicles". Used to describe someone who is extremely clumsy.

A simple example,
"Ah Beng chui kana kah, kah kana lum par, still can join the bomb disposal unit!"



AK KAH CHIEW JI (Contributed by Half-Cocked)
Literally, to be as close to someone as two testicles.

A simple example,
"Don'ch worry, I ak kah chiew ji with this feller. If I ask, he sure help you one."


BOH LUM PAR CHEE (Contributed by Sian Tao Ong)
Hokkien for "no testicles/balls/guts", it is used to admonish someone for being a coward.

A simple example,
"You don't dare print this Lexicon entry, you boh lum par chee."



GIAH LUM PAH CHUT LAI TOM TO'TENG
A graphic expression which translates as "to take one's testicles out and Bang them on the table". the phrase is usedwhen one has discovered he has done something especially idiotic or horrific.

A simple example,
"Wah lau, when I found out that the char bor I was trying to chee hong in the disco was actually my auntie, I giah lum pah chu lai TO'TENG


HA NI AH PA, LUM PAH HOR LI KAR (Contributed by AA)
Vulgar Hokkien phrase used when responding to a stupid person saying "Ha?" It literally means,

A simple example,
"Ha your father, suck my balls". Sometimes abbreviated to "ha ki lum pah".

No comments: